Monday 16 March 2020

World's Classics Greek Anthology update

I hope readers will be pleased to know that my new translation, 'Epigrams from the Greek Anthology', is now on the online catalogue for release this autumn, between Joyce and Trollope:


It has an ISBN and everything, so it must be very nearly real now. I had the pleasure of dealing with a most excellent copyeditor who completely understood what I was about, and the latest from my handler at the Press is that I can probably expect to see page proofs by the end of the month. At which, point, indexing, yay! (I love indexing; I know this makes me weird.)

The cover is a beauty: it's a detail from Lawrence Alma-Tadema's Spring (1894), currently at the Getty. That's the very same painting from which the cover of my World's Classics 'Martial' was also excerpted; I wanted to weave in a family connection.

No comments:

Post a Comment